- Olive oil
- 100g pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 100g spaghetti, broken
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of broccolini, trimmed to 3cm length
- 100g kale, thinly sliced
- basil for garnish
- shaved parmesan for garnish
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a large heavy based saucepan and wait until the oil is hot. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add pancetta and let brown before adding zucchini, baby fennel and garlic. Cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add stock, broken pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce to a low heat and cook until pasta is almost cooked.
- Add broccolini, kale, cannellini beans and cook until broccolini is tender, bright green in colour and the pasta is cooked al dente.
Serve into warm soup bowls, top with chopped basil leaves and shaved parmesan cheese. Perfect served with olive bread.Print Your Shopping List